Welcome to Del Mar Heights School
Del Mar Heights is positioned on an ocean-view bluff overlooking Torrey Pines State Park. Always high-achieving, the school has recently been awarded the California Distinguished School Award and received special honors for an exemplary Physical Activity and Nutrition program. Del Mar Heights’ innovative, signature programs have been recognized in educational publications and featured as models for schools nationwide.
Del Mar Heights is committed to providing a nurturing and inspiring educational program for all students. It is our goal that each student realize his or her potential through our challenging academic program. In addition, we want each child to develop the skills they will need to be successful in the 21t century - effective communication, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and character.
A Tradition of Innovation
Del Mar Heights features many unique, award-winning programs:
- Partnerships with UCSD: Science, Engineering, & Physical Wellness
- Fully-integrated Technology: iPads, Chromebooks, & coding instruction
- Innovation Lab: project-based learning, design thinking, and engineering
- Character Education Programs: Understanding Differences simulations and science, PeaceBuilders, classroom mindfulness practices, and the Kindness Counts Book Club
- Opportunities for Enrichment and Extension: Student Leadership, Robotics, Drama, Model U.N., Speech & Debate, Garden Club
- Physical Wellness Program: Intramural Sports, Running Club, Junior Olympics, and Recess Runners Mileage Club
- Inventive PTA Programs: Science Fridays - bringing scientists together with students, Heights Cares - a philanthropic program inspiring our children to become responsible world citizens, and Cultural Heights - cultural education and appreciation program.